Brigstock Village Hall Management Committee recognizes that everyone has a contribution to make to our society and a right to equal treatment, and is firmly committed to striving for equality of opportunity. The policy applies to all matters relating to employment and services affecting individuals and groups whether they are actual or potential employees, volunteers or hirers and users of Brigstock Village Hall
Statement underpinning the policy:
The Management Committee recognises that certain groups and individuals experience the negative effects of discrimination, which lead to unequal access to communal resources and services and may restrict opportunities for them to be involved in their community.
The Management Committee will continually strive to broaden the use of the Village Hall, and is committed to converting their Equal Opportunities Policy into good practice. To this end, it will actively oppose all forms of unlawful discrimination and will take positive steps to implement policies and practice which will counter direct and indirect discrimination on the grounds of race, gender, sexuality, disability, age, ethnic origin, nationality, religion, class or employment status.
- The Management Committee will not discriminate against employees, volunteers and service providers.
- The Management Committee will not discriminate against individual hirers, users or groups when considering taking bookings to use Brigstock Village Hall or whilst they are using the facilities.
- The Management Committee will work actively to make the premises fully accessible to not only the disabled, but to the elderly, young people, parents with pushchairs and suppliers making deliveries.
- The Management Committee will undertake to encourage activities that reflect the cultural needs of different groups.
- The development, implementation, monitoring and review of this Equal Opportunities Policy is an ongoing process designed to ensure good practice, and will be reviewed annually.
- Within resource constraints, the Management Committee will work towards improving the quality of life of all employees, volunteers, users and hirers of the facilities.
- We will make our equal opportunities policy publicly available, via our website.
Copies of this statement will be made available on request.
It is important that all users of our Village Hall, whether an individual or group adopt and comply with this policy.
Brigstock Village Hall Committee January 2018